Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Well...I asked for strange people...

So, yesterday morning I got on the bus, sat down, put on the headphones, got out the knitting, and looked forward to 45 minutes of uninterrupted knit time.

Then, the fat man arrived.

And sat down next to me.

Scratch that...on me.

Now, I'm not a skinny little person, but I make sure that I only take up my half of the seat on public transportation, as most passengers do-regardless of size.  However, I have noticed an alarming trend amongst large, commuting men.  They seem to think that it's perfectly acceptable to let their arms flop around IN MY SPACE.  And, they think it's cute when they fall asleep and let their oversized jowls flap around like sails-in-a-freak-storm-brewing-over-the-Pacific (OK, so flapping jowls usually produces spattering spittle, somewhat like an ocean mist, only not pleasant-thus, the comparison).

It's time to stop this unwarranted occupation.  I say it's time to start a revolution, so grab your unused size 5 Susan Bates DPNs and start stabbing these evil doers.  Each little flap gets a little stab.  We don't need to draw blood, just cause pain...and, TAKE BACK OUR SIDE OF THE SEAT ON PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

No comments: