Tuesday, April 15, 2008

First Post

Okay, so everyone on Ravelry has their own clever little blogs...everyone, that is, except me. The problem I have is that I'm not much of a writer, I can be clever, but my cleverness is usually limited to my bitter sarcasm, and I'm not quite sure how to make this trait evident in writing. Bitter sarcasm is usually best when experienced in person as it's all in the look and the tone.

I also don't really have that much of a life.  I consider myself to be quite dull; no real drama to speak of, just an average existence.  Don't get me wrong, I prefer no drama and I'm happy and content most of the time (except when it comes to work, but that's another story).   I have a sweet, somewhat sappy, but incredibly intelligent and gifted spouse.  He's very creative and artistic.   I have three rotten cats and a fish.  I have a few hobbies, and an addiction called knitting (also, another story.)  

So, I've decided to post blogs regarding more interesting subjects-the people that I observe daily...on the bus, or while shopping, or wherever and whenever someone strikes me as annoying, strange, sad, etc.  In my blog, you'll be introduced to Chihuahua Woman, Annoying Umbrella People, Mr. Please Stop Picking Your Nose on Public Transportation, and a whole cast of characters which expands daily.

I think I'll start with Annoying Umbrella People in a few days...so stay tuned...

Kat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As your mushy, yet talented spouse, my only question is why you didn't include any mention of my dashing good looks? Conspicuously absent.

As for your writing, I have always found you interesting and refreshingly cynical. You will do fine.

One request though, make chihuahua lady a once weekly update. I miss our morning bus rides into Seattle with her.

I am looking forward to your take on life.

d-

jeanius said...

yay! welcome to blogging!

lestat said...

Reow! The Only person I know more preturbed by human beings than I.

Oh please can we get an Asheville Blog in the near future about your girlfriend (who was there) with the "dashing good looks"? lol

Heres some news, Mister sent me a friends request on My Space...what's up his long ass sleeve....

Tell the furballs I said "Hi!!!" and of course that handsome husband of yours :)